Re-writes!

Sorry I haven't updated this for a while. It's been a busy month. As I said in the first post, we're currently working on a new short... it's about 30 minutes.

I met with our new Executive Producer a few weeks ago. He's excited about the project and really liked the story, but felt the dialogue was weak and some of the story points were a little lost. I agreed. Once I decided the protagonist was a widower (which added another character used in flashback) it changed the whole context of the story- for the better. Suddenly plot points had sufficient motivation from the character and it wasn't "forced".

So I've sent the script off to be read again. In the meantime, I've started compiling all my lists (props, actors, costumes, equipment, etc.) and hope to get auditions going next month.

Here's where the fun begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?