The Gunslinger Fan Film

My friend, James Cawley, is gearing up to do a fan film based on Stephen King's "The Gunslinger". He asked me to create some original art based on the book:



It's hard to really deviate from what's already been done. King's imagery is so strong, but I added my own flair with Roland's gesture- reaching out at Brown's bird Zoltan!

The other design consideration is the Dark Tower. I originally had all sorts of spires and a wicked edge to it, but it was unbeliveable, almost cartoonish. I opted for something that is simple, and seems closer to reality- though my version of the tower looks to reach 5 miles high!

Anyway, it's always a pleasure to work with James. I hope you like it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ever Evolving Line!

Popular Comics #1

I bit the bullet.