Inspiration Monday 12/5/2011

Well, here we are again! I've been looking for inspiration lately- particularly in terms of my new feature script. I want to do this one right: by that I mean I want to BE ABLE to do this by starting with a story that uses only what is available to me rather than spend years finding investors and making shorts or a webseries based on it (which is a strategy with merit, but is time away from just making the damn film).

But even though I've been in screenwriter mode, finding video to help with my visuals often helps me in both writing AND making plans on how to approach the film when I feel like I'm ready.

"CUBIST EDITING"

OFFF New York Titles from Rob Chiu on Vimeo.

I was told this is cubist editing- the quick flashes of items with the jittery editing could really give someone a headache if they had to watch an entire feature film like this, but when used appropriately, it gives the sense of dreamlike abstraction.


CANON EOS C300

Canon EOS C300 = Awesome from Jonathan Yi on Vimeo.

I want this camera. Does anybody have $20,000 they can give me? Oh! and another $20,000 for some good lenses too?


THE SPIRIT CABINET

The Narrative of Victor Karloch [Official Trailer] from Kevin McTurk on Vimeo.

I saw this featured on io9.com. Often times it's best to find inspiration outside of what you're looking for. I LOVE the artistry and craftmanship that went into the making of this... and I jumped at the end!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ever Evolving Line!

Popular Comics #1

I bit the bullet.