Inspiration Monday 11/28/2011

If you haven't noticed, I'm trying to wake this blog up. I'm going to put more film related content on a weekly or twice-weekly basis.

So, here's a new subject to cover:

INSPIRATION

Post Transhumanism



I love the themes AND production values in this new web series that is coming out soon. While many are upset that most transhumanist stories are negative, but I'd have to agree that directly accessing your mind to the internet could be fatal. Given all the viruses and hacker activity world wide, would YOU connect your brain directly to the world wide web?


Fashionable Dieselpunk

The Escapists - The Storm Theme from elr°y on Vimeo.

I love this- the camera work, the acting, the visuals, the costumes, the set... the ONLY thing I would do different is the 2 dimentional shots of the plane exterior... this could have been done with a 1:12 detailed model shot against a greenscreen. I believe strongly in old school practical models- they seem to be more believable and feel more timeless.


Speed of Light

C (Kickstarter Promo) from Derek Van Gorder on Vimeo.

Speaking of using practical models, here's a project that is going to extensively use practical sets and in camera effects. Really, the only thing that bothers me on this is how limiting the shots become with small sets- medium close to close ups of faces get boring after a while... it gives a "sameness" and undercuts the drama. That is an easy enough fix that comes with imaginitive direction and storyboarding, but I am very impressed with the resourcefulness of this project and I hope that it lives up to it's expectations.


COMMENTS

I'm opening up my comments, but they will be heavily moderated to weed out spam or inappropriate comments... let's keep it civil! But I encourage you to give me your opinions on my posts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ever Evolving Line!

Popular Comics #1

I bit the bullet.