Fog City Mavericks

Fog City Mavericks - Part 1 of 5 from Gary Leva on Vimeo.


FOG CITY MAVERICKS TEACH THIS SALT CITY SOLO
It's been a while since I've stepped foot on a film set. I'm still trying to finish Southside of Elsewhere. It is edited but sound design has been my biggest hurdle- I'm learning from scratch while juggling a fulltime job, a large family and freelance. It's daunting at times.

But I'm not in hibernation- I'm still writing when I get the chance at lunch or early in the morning. My education continues when I watch documentaries of independent filmakers that I admire, and watching those rekindles and inspires me to keep moving forward.

One of my favorite documentaries is A LEGACY OF FILMMAKERS: The early years of American Zoetrope which is on disk 2 of my THX-1138 directors cut dvd set. I've watched it over and over.

But another is a five part series on Vimeo- Fog City Mavericks.

Do yourself a favor and take the time to watch it... then tell me again that the Hollywood Studio Machine is the only way to go.

MUSCLE CAR MIGRATION
You probably noticed that I've imported my '72 Pontiac LeMans' blog. Even though it's automotive, it's related to Lost Skies since I bought the car solely for the reason for my big feature. It will also be a set piece for Aaron Colburn's film.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ever Evolving Line!

Popular Comics #1

I bit the bullet.