Ignoto

I normally don't post other people's work on my blog, but this one is really just too good not to share.

Ignoto is a web series out of Spain, by the amazing talents of filmmaking sisters Sonia & Miriam Albert Sobrino. Check out the first episode here- it's in Spanish (myself being from New Mexico but raised in Utah, my Spanish is very rusty, but the important thing is I would be able to follow it if I didn't know any Spanish- the story telling is THAT strong):



The reason I post this is as a lesson in pacing in editing, cinematography, acting and story. They are successful on all fronts. I see so many rushed projects that are are unwatchable, and it's disheartening. I'm most critical of my own projects- especially ones that I am unable to share yet, such as Southside of Elsewhere... Ignoto reminds me that with patience, planning and passion INCREDIBLE work can be achieved and that's exciting.

The most refreshing thing is that in talking to the sisters briefly on their Vimeo page they are very humble of their efforts. Even though they are planning on going into a graduate school, I can't wait to see their future professional work!

Links
ignoto.es
http://vimeo.com/20080855

Comments

  1. Thanks a million for writing such a kind post and for the amazing promotion you are giving us through your blog. Both of them are priceless.
    Muchísimas gracias Juan.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Popular posts from this blog

The Ever Evolving Line!

Popular Comics #1

I bit the bullet.